Click on the link to read a pdf of The Newsletter: CLHS NEWSLETTER, April 2021
To read the latest issue of The Newsletter please click the link
In remembrance of a little church
Seventy-two years ago, on the 30th of this month, the West Sussex Gazette recorded that the Church known as St Peter the Less in North Street ‘one of the pre-Reformation “little churches of Chichester” has now been demolished’. This church stood where the Lakeland store now stands and its memory only marked by the name of St Peter’s Street that runs beside that store. Apparently the bell (which carried upon it the date of 1580) was moved to an unnamed church in Crawley whilst the remains of those who had been interred there were moved and reinterred elsewhere. Local historian, and CLHS member, Alan Green is writing about all the little churches of Chichester even as this blog appears!